Those of you who have had the pleasure of getting to know Becky Erwin know why we’re kinda choked up today, her last day as National Director of Media Relations. Becky came to us five years ago and since then has put endless energy and enthusiasm into her work, all the while with a ready smile and a friendly approach that defied the pressure of a challenging job. Becky was always there to help, whether it was leading a massive campaign, or simply offering a key bit of counsel or sharing a laugh among co-workers. We will miss her enormously here at the Society, and are already jealous of the next folks who have the privilege of benefiting from her excellent work. We wish her and her family all the best as she seeks new challenges.
- New @AmericanCancer-led study in @NEJM finds lung cancer rate in women under 50 surpasses men of same age… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- The Pendulum Swings (Back) on Prostate Cancer Screening. @OtisBrawley on a change from USPSTF bit.ly/2HYiwYu 2 weeks ago
- There has been a 39% drop in breast cancer mortality. But in these states, the drop has been <30%. https://t.co/0lI4vgiAEX 1 month ago
- Since 1980, the U. S. has seen a 49% drop in mortality from colorectal cancer. But in these states, the drop has be… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Despite dropping rates among both groups, the black/white gap in breast cancer mortality is wider than ever. https://t.co/UdNVyxM8pz 1 month ago