David Sampson is Director of Medical & Scientific Information. He came to ACS after two decades producing medical stories in local and network broadcast news, starting at KGO-TV in San Francisco, where he produced medical spots for Dr. Dean Edell, and ending up at Dateline NBC. He works remotely in Los Angeles and leads communications efforts for the Society’s medical and scientific work, including early detection guidelines, research, and cancer control. He also heads up promotion for the ACS’s flagship medical journal, CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nearly 7 in 10 smokers want to quit; 4 in 10 try each year. About 1 in 20 succeeds on any given attempt pressroom.cancer.org/GAS2015 #GASO15 1 week ago
- RT @MikeSchroederIN: Old guidelines die hard. In the case of mammograms, it appears many Drs/patients still following one halted in 1992: h… 1 week ago
- Thursday from 12-3pm ET, join #QuitLikeAChampion chat; topics: tobacco, health effects, e-cigarettes, and more: bit.ly/1MxtYkA 1 week ago
- RT @NCIHINTS: Learn how you can support the Great American Smokeout w/ @AmericanCancer today: ow.ly/UJ5sL 1 week ago
- Cancer registries: "the heart and soul of cancer prevention and control." Team of sleuths stalks cancer in L.A. lat.ms/1Pp51Oi 2 weeks ago