David Sampson is Director of Medical & Scientific Information. He came to ACS after two decades producing medical stories in local and network broadcast news, starting at KGO-TV in San Francisco, where he produced medical spots for Dr. Dean Edell, and ending up at Dateline NBC. He works remotely in Los Angeles and leads communications efforts for the Society’s medical and scientific work, including early detection guidelines, research, and cancer control. He also heads up promotion for the ACS’s flagship medical journal, CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fault In Our Stars: When Celebrity Health Advice Conflicts With Science wp.me/pRi4y-wn by @DrLen #BCSM 1 week ago
- Study links father’s age and risk of blood cancer as an adult bit.ly/1cIUflb 2 weeks ago
- Study finds racial differences in male breast cancer outcomes; poverty may play an important role bit.ly/1bsXZG3 3 weeks ago
- From @DrLen: Are we ready for inexpensive, patient directed genetic testing for breast cancer? bit.ly/1bqSmt1 #bcsm 1 month ago
- Largest study of its kind to date finds a cancer diagnosis leads to higher quit rates among smokers bit.ly/1bqh38M 1 month ago